We want to give a special thank you to our partners at Pantheon for being this year’s Platinum Sponsor! They are a big part in what has made this amazing conference possible for so many people!
Be sure to visit their site and learn more about their website management platform services.
Pantheon includes all of the tools professional developers need to build best-practice sites—like staging environments, version control, backups and workflow. Powering 80,000+ sites with hundreds of millions of page views, Pantheon’s container-based infrastructure allows you to launch websites faster, without worrying about traffic spikes, security or performance. It’s free in development. You can scale in software on the same infrastructure from day one, and never touch a server again.
We’re thrilled to announce Carrie Dils as our keynote speaker this year. Carrie is a familiar voice to the WordPress community: she regularly speaks, blogs, and podcasts about website development. Her openness and commitment to sharing knowledge freely with others caught our eye as the perfect person to open this year’s conference.
Hailing from Fort Worth, Texas, Carrie is a WordPress-loving freelance developer. She’s been helping businesses craft online identities since 1998 and enjoys creating sites that look great on the outside and work well on the inside. The daughter of an educator and computer scientist, Carrie is always about the business of learning more and teaching others as she goes. She blogs regularly about WordPress and the business of freelancing at carriedils.com. When she’s not behind a computer, she’s likely reading a book, running after her dogs, or enjoying a tasty dish with her husband.
Join us this year for WordCamp and meet Carrie!
Have a topic you’d love to hear at WordCamp Asheville 2015? We want to hear from you!
Tell us about someone you think would make a great presenter, or a topic that you want to know more about.
Just fill out the form below:
WordCamp Asheville is now accepting applications for speakers for this summer’s conference! It’s a great opportunity to help the local Asheville WordPress community by sharing your knowledge and love of WordPress.
This year’s theme is CONNECTION! It’s not required to have the theme as part of your presentation, but we’d love to challenge you to include it.
We’re looking for speakers willing to engage their audience about a topic related to WordPress. It’s up to you to decide what to share, but we’re looking for talks that will fall within our four tracks:
- Talks will be allotted 45 minutes, plus time for Q&A. You can adjust the talk time if you incorporate Q&A during the presentation.
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Asheville 2015 and get to attend a speaker dinner, but since we’re a nonprofit we can not reimburse travel, lodging, or other expenses.
- As a disclaimer, all sessions will be video taped. You will need to sign and return the A/V form prior to speaking.
- We encourage multiple submissions from the same speaker. If you have more than one idea, go ahead and submit multiple topics and we’ll get back to you with which one we think will fit best with the final schedule. You’ll need to submit a form for each presentation idea. (If you submit multiple topics, but have a preferred one, just make a note for us when you submit the form.)
- You will be contacted as soon as the committee has made a decision about the presentations.
[Submissions are now Closed]
Applications are being accepted May 16 – May 31 so don’t delay, get your submission in today!
Be a good friend, and send this to someone you think might make a great WordCamp speaker.